Friday 1 March 2013

I wanna quit the gym!!

If you are an avid Friends fan like me, then you will fully appreciate the title of this post. :)

Click here to see Friends clip!

 
Anyway, I want to quit the gym. The reasons are four fold really:

  1. I'm moving up the property ladder so my mortgage payments are going to be higher
  2. I got a promotion at work last year so I work later on more nights now and find I'm too tired to go to the gym after
  3. I don't do all that much other than cycle in my workout now since a knee injury, so I could either get an exercise bike at home or a real bike
  4. If we get the house we are trying to, then I'll live an extra couple of miles away from my current gym.

I've heard it can be difficult to end your membership, so I thought I'd document my experience and see how long it takes. I'm with Fitness 364 after they took over the Fitness First in my local town.

Friday 1st March 2013
I went to the gym after work and as the receptionist scanned me in, I asked her about cancelling my membership. She said that the guy who deals with that (one guy?!) is not in until Monday. So I've written my name and number down for him to ring me on Monday. We'll see.

Tuesday 5th March 2013
I didn't get the phone call I was promised yesterday so I chased them after work today. The lady I spoke to on the phone told me that I needed to give a months notice but she will put that through today. So my last payment will be 1st April and then I'll be able to use the gym until the end of April and then my membership will be terminated. I did ask if I needed to give my notice in writing and she said no.

If it really is as easy as that, then well done Fitness364.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty