Wednesday 2 January 2013

Babyliss Curling Wand

Babyliss Curling Wand:


I've wanted one of these for a while. I do love my GHDs for curls, but I wanted to try something that can give a looser curl. I know this can be done with the GHDs but I never manage to get the balance right.

So my lovely sister bought the curling wand for my birthday. It takes a couple of go's to get the hang of these, but I do love the result. I got a much more natural look than I get with my GHDs. (Please excuse my pink dressing gown!)


The wand heats up really quickly and there are 5 heat settings. I tend to use it on the hottest as I have quite thick hair, but if you have fine hair I'm sure one of the lower heats would be great. Also if you want more of a wave than a curl then maybe a lower heat would do that well.

They are tricky to get the hang of, especially when doing on your own hair. You have to let gravity help you as the hair will slip down to the end of the wand whilst you are wrapping it round, making it difficult to get an even curl.

I did my sister's hair with the wand on Christmas eve - they were much easier to use on someone else. I went all the way up to the root on her hair, so it looks very 'Carrie Bradshaw-esk'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty