Tuesday 11 June 2013

Perfect red lips for £2!

Any regular readers of my blog will know that I really rate MUA from Superdrug, it's just such a reasonable price that you end up trying out looks that you might not normally dare to as you don't want to waste your money.

Red lips have made a major comeback in the last year or so since people like Rita Ora have been seen sporting them. I have only just started trying to up my lipstick game since becoming a blogger and reading so many other blogs about these amazing lip colours I should be trying, so I must admit I was a little bit scared to go for red. However, I had a hen do to go to and an oxblood red dress, so it was my perfect excuse to try it.

I didn't want to spend loads on a red lippy in case I hated it and ended up never using it, so where better to start than good old MUA? I bought their red lipstick in shade 13 and hurried home to try it out.

It wasn't working. I liked the colour, but the edges were bleeding on to my skin, so it looked a bit cheap and tacky. I tried applying it with a lipstick brush which helped, but it still wasn't perfect.

So back to MUA I went in search of a lip liner to use to help get those edges nice and neat.


This worked perfectly, and with a bit of blotting and the finger trick I even managed to keep it off my teeth. The colour on the photos below don't do it justice, it's a really nice bright red colour, quite a close dupe to Mac's Lady Danger so I've read. The swatches show it slightly better.







 

So if you want a perfect red pout for the grand total of £2, get yourselves down to Superdrug. Or even better, on the date of writing this post, they are offering free delivery until the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty