Tuesday 31 December 2013

Skechers BOBS - Is there such a thing as stylish slippers?

When I was in New York I saw this advert on TV for Skechers BOBS slippers. This led to an obsessive compulsive urge to own a pair - typical me.


I didn't end up buying them in NY, as I had pretty much spent all of my money or earmarked it for other purchases. So I looked them up on the UK Skechers website on my return and was gutted that I couldn't find any. Were they US only and I had missed out on buying them?!

A couple of weeks later I was in Covent Garden mooching around the shops before seeing The Bodyguard at the Adelphi theatre, so I popped into Skechers on the off chance.

Right there, on a central stand in front of the door, they had them! Granted they didn't have the colour selection that NYC had, but the black sparkly ones instantly drew my attention.

After a foot measurement (because why not eh?) and £29 on my debit card I was the proud owner.




It is actually strange that I liked the look of these so much, as I hate crocs and I suppose these are a similar shape. Anyway, I think they look great and they are soooo comfy. They have memory foam soles and a lovely warm faux fur lining. I wear them all the time indoors, so they are easily worth the £29. 

When these start to look a bit shabby, I am sure I will replace them with another pair of BOBS if they are still available. Hopefully they'll get some more in stock on the website and stock a larger range of colours like they had in New York.

The final pro is that by buying these you are helping charity. Skechers donates a pair of shoes to children in need worldwide for every pair of BOBS bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty