Saturday 8 February 2014

Little MUA haul

I am on the MUA mailing list so get various emails advertising old and new products. Last week the temptation got the better of me and I made a little order.

Clockwise - Fashionista powder compact, Fashionista illuminious foundation, MUA Luxe precision felt eyeliner, MUA Luxe power brow, MUA lip trio in siren and Fashionista vanishing cream primer

I am loving all of these! Got some of the bits on sale prices. The foundation and primer were £3, the compact was £2 and the lip trio was £1.25. The power brow and felt eyeliner were £3 (full price).

Powder compact 
Good level of coverage. Great for the handbag and touch ups during the day. Has a decent size mirror which you can rotate to any angle (thinking very handy if trying to touch up your makeup at your office desk).

Illuminious foundation
Very good level of coverage, though I wouldn't say 100% flawless, but it is buildable. Gives you a lovely glow, similar to what you get from the Rimmel wake me up foundation. I watched a video on YouTube when the reviewer found it far too shiny and said it didn't last 2 hours. But I'm happy to say it lasts all day on my skin, and as I said it gives a great glow. 

Precision felt eyeliner
Very easy to use and looks good, but you can't get as black-a-line as you would get from using a liquid eyeliner, the formula just isn't thick enough.

Powerbrow
Love love love. This is double ended; it has a pencil on one end and a highlighter on the other end. Both ends are extendable/retractable by turning. The pencil goes on well and lasts all day and the highlighter is a great little extra to use and goes on well also.

Lip trio siren
I bought these because MUA advertised them and showed a model wearing one of the shades from this trio and I thought the colour looked great. Am happy with the colours and they come with a little applicator. The applicator could do with being a little brush rather than similar to an eye shadow applicator, as it soaks a lot of the product up. 

Vanishing cream primer
Nice to use, covers well with a small amount of product. But I couldn't really see what benefits there were from using it.

So that's my haul. What have you been buying lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty