Wednesday 17 September 2014

LIB The Glamour Beauty Power List 2014

As soon as I got the email from Latest in Beauty advertising the Glamour Beauty Power List 2014 and saw the contents I knew I wanted it. For only £15.99 including p&p for all these products, I thought it was a great deal.



Here are my initial impressions.


Philip Kingsley daily damage defence conditioning spray
This spray smells lush and makes my hair feel really soft and look smooth, even without using my usual serum.  It's the first Philip Kingsley product I've tried and would encourage me to try more.

Nude Maybelline color sensational lipstick (710 sultry sand)
I initially thought this shade was too pale, but I've worked with it, and if I put a gloss over the top I quite like it. It's a decent formula, doesn't dry my lips out, but as it's quite sheer, it doesn't last for hours.

Laura Mercier foundation primer
In all honesty, my foundation has never lasted so well for 12 hours. I'm not saying it was pristine by the end of the day, but my skin tone still looked so even and not at all blotchy like it normally does by 7pm. Plus you get so much as you hardly need to use any product to get good coverage. I will definitely replace this if I ever run out!

Eyeko mascara off eye makeup remover wipes
I don't normally bother with makeup wipes unless I've put on a full face for a night out. Usually I'm just lazy and wash my makeup off in the shower. These wipes are really lovely. They are fairly small squares but plenty big enough for your eyes and they feel amazing. So thick and soft, they smell nice too and don't sting my eyes in the slightest. A great little luxury for me.

Liz Earle cleanse & polish hot cloth cleanser
I've heard Liz Earle mentioned a lot in the beauty blogging world, so I was really interested to see what this was like.

James Read sleep mask tan
This applies as a clear gel which is not what I was expecting. It's s but like Johnson's holiday skin but without the bad fake tan smell. Subtle, even colour.

Bourjois volume 1 second mascara
It's ok, will use it up, but it's not amazing enough for me to repurchase. Not as good as my manga mascara.


You can buy the box here (whilst stocks last) £15.99 http://www.latestinbeauty.com/glamour/


No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty