Sunday 14 February 2016

LA Splash liquid lipsticks review

LA Splash is an American brand I discovered through watching one of Hollie Wakehan's makeup YouTube videos. I now love them! Luckily you can buy them in the UK. 

They are the first liquid lippys I've tried and they are great. Both the colours I picked are gorgeous and they last for hours. I think they'd look great on any skin tone. They are also cruelty free and suitable for vegans. I have heard people compare them to Lime Crime, which I believe is quite the complement. 

The first is Nymphaea (AKA nymphodora). It is a pinky/red/mauve perfect for autumn/winter and it makes my teeth look so white. Also great for glamming up your makeup when going out in the evening.

The second shade is "Charmed" which is quite a cool toned nude. It's great for every day wear and with its staying power I still have it on at the end of my working day.

The daupher applicators make them easy to apply. You use the pointed part on the end to line the lips then the flat part to fill. I say pointed part, but it's a daupher, so not really THAT pointed - you need a steady hand. You also need to be careful not to over-apply as, the charmed in particular can end up looking quite cakey if you aren't careful. 

But overall, I am a fan and I will be purchasing some more colours in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty