Monday 26 August 2013

Latest in Beauty Editor's Picks Unboxing

I've never bitten the bullet and got on the Glossybox bandwagon, but a subscription will be on my birthday list again this year. Maybe one day I'll get it!

I have subscribed to a number of beauty related sites since starting this blog and one of them is Latest in Beauty. I occasionally get emails from them and consider buying things, but until now I hadn't. They work different to Glossybox in that rather than having a subscription, they put together boxes and you can buy them as and when.

I got an email advertising a couple of their  latest boxes and had a little browse at the contents. The "Editor's Pick" box instantly grabbed my interest and bingo the email also had a 15% off code that lasted until midnight. It was 11:57pm and I was laying in bed so I swiftly clicked the buy me button and put in the discount code, it worked so I ordered.

Five days later my box arrived.

This is what I got:

1 x Bellápierre Mineral Eye Shadow (2.35g)
   
1 x AS London Candle
   
1 x EVE LOM Rescue Mask (15ml)
   
1 x Mavala Rouge Rubis Nail Varnish (5ml)
   
1 x Mirenesse Lip Lift Moisture Shine (1.5g)
   
1 x Nicky Clarke Instant Calmer (30ml)
   
1 x Nspa Melting Cleansing Gel (30ml)
   
1 x The Vintage Cosmetics Company Eye Shadow Brush (Full Size)
   
1 x Benefit They're Real Mascara (3.0g)
   
1 x Yardley Refreshing Body Spray (75ml)
 

Pretty good for £11 after the discount (original price £12.95 - still good value in my opinion).



I carefully removed the products one by one, inspecting each as I went. It was so exciting to have all these new products in front of me to try. They all were 100% usuable to me which was great. I know these boxes can be a bit hit and miss, and sometimes you get things and decide they aren't for you.


On first spray, I wasn't overly impressed with the Yardley "refreshing" body spray. I got the scent English Rose and found it to be quite old fashioned. But later it did grow on me, though I wouldn't call it refreshing!

Something that immediately impressed me was the Mirenesse lip gloss. I have no idea what shade I got but it is a nude/brown with maybe a lilac undertone. I love the colour and it lasts really well. It's got smart packaging and is very wearable. 

I will write reviews on the other products as and when I use them, and link them from the items in the list above. But in the meantime I would recommend you pick up this beauty box before they sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty