Monday 5 August 2013

Green and brown "earthy" bedroom decor

I've done quite a bit of decorating since getting my own place a couple of years ago and I've been an independent woman and done the bulk of it myself. So I thought I'd share some of my interior design ideas to maybe inspire others and let you know of issues I had in case they help people in a similar situation.

My green and brown room is my second bedroom/guest room. I liked the idea of using brown/neutral colours for this room and my boyfriend showed me this picture of a green room with brown furniture which I really liked the look of.

I thought the room might look too dark for a bedroom if I painted all of the walls a strong shade of green, so I decided to do a darker feature wall and the other walls a lighter shade. I should also mention, there is laminate flooring and I painted the ceiling white.

Three of the walls are the Dulux shade "apple white", which is just a hint of green.

The feature wall is Dulux "putting green".

For the corner of the feature wall I purchased a wall transfer with a brown branch design from eBay. I bought a brown suede look lampshade and matching curtains.

I finished the room off with some brown faux suede curtains and a lamp shade and voila!

Here is the finished room:




Update: Moved house since starting this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty