Tuesday 6 May 2014

Illamasqua sculpting duo review

I've never really owned what you might classify as high-end make up. I love the idea of having all the amazing products that every blogger discusses, but I really can't justify the price tag, especially when the high street does such a great job.

However, a new site called Cohorted launched last month, and this has given me the opportunity to enter in to the higher end game, but at prices I am more comfortable with. For example, I got the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for £18.50 (50% off RRP). If you haven't heard of Cohorted, you should really go check it out. The basic idea is the more people who sign up to buy something (join a cohort), the bigger discount you get. Every week they have 4 new cohorts which range from makeup to skin care, Mac to Clinique.

I've heard/read a lot about Illamasqua and it's always been positive, so when the sculpting duo turned up on Cohorted it immediately tempted me. RRP is £26, and I got it for £17.50 which is still very pricey, but I wanted to try it and treat myself.


 The duo is made up of a bronzer and highlighter, perfect for contouring. The bronzer is matte and the highlighter has a subtle shimmer. The packaging is very smart, sort of sqaure but with inward curved edges. It also contains a mirror.  I have been applying it with my Real Techniques contour brush.


After using it for a couple of weeks I have mixed feelings. It is very very subtle. This on the one hand is a good thing, as I don't want to go out looking like a clown, but on the other hand I want my face to look contoured otherwise I may as well not bother.

I guess I'll just have to watch a few more contouring videos and work on my technique. If you know of any good videos or blogs for contouring, please point me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Said Beauty