Monday 16 July 2012

Fishtail braid nails

I came across fishtail braid nails on Twitter a few days ago and it was love at first sight! They look so effective, especially if you get the colour balance right. I had to try this method straight away...
Fishtail manicure steps nail polish varnish
www.lucysstash.com


I bought some Rimmel nail polish at the weekend thanks to a nice little offer in Boots, so thought the fishtail manicure would be the perfect way to try it out. I used Rimmel Lasting Finish in 702 Marshmallow Heaven, 703 Peardrop and 025 Strawberry Fizz.

Rimmel Nail Polish Varnish, Marshmallow Heaven 702, Peardrop 703, Strawberry Fizz 025

As this was just a first attempt practice type thing I only did the full fishtail on my thumbs, on the other fingers I did two diagonal swipes on the tips.




















Also I must mention that I did this freehand-it's bloody hard! With hindsight, maybe tape would have helped.

However, I'm pretty happy with the result even if it's a bit on the scruffy side at close inspection.


What do you think?!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I absolutely love the fishtail effect on the thumb!
    And the colours look amazing together.

    Well done you for a first attempt, I must try this soon!

    Thanks for another brilliant blog post and idea :0) x

    http://robinsparkles1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done these are great and a great idea! may have to give it a go!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

She Said Beauty